In this episode we cover:
- Understanding how one’s environment shapes or influences one’s behavior.
- Finding enlightenment in the understanding of God that goes beyond denominations and religions.
- In our understanding of God, we tend to humanize God, making God who we think He is rather than thinking of God as He is to us.
- We can experience different manifestations as God presents Himself to us.
- We are all the offspring of God, but sin is the reducer. It reduces our capacity to eternal life. Sin limits what our bodies do, what our bodies think, and what our bodies and minds understand. Therefore, our ability to understand God in totality is limited by sin.
- Faith has to be questioned in order for it to be real, but principles are still at play in the world that may be in conflict with what you are believing God will do.
- Faith that cannot be challenged or that can not withstand challenge, can it be true faith or solid faith?
- Knowing (intimate knowledge of) God helps you to understand how God relates to you personally.
- The application of faith is more important than the measure of faith.
- When you apply the faith OF God IN God we realize how God moves and once we realize how God moves through us, with us and for us, then we get a better understanding of who God is to us. This intimate relationship becomes unshakeable.
- The reason why people have challenges with God is because they didn’t go through a challenge WITH GOD.
Rod Dennis was called to preach and began his public ministry in 1974, at the tender age of fifteen. Growing up in the inner city of Chicago, he has always remained dedicated to preaching, speaking, and teaching to empower men and women, both young and old, to realize their Divine purpose and fulfill their destiny. Having personally experienced many of the hardships that life can bring, Rod has a message and method that lets his audience know that he is in touch with their lives. He offers a practical approach that challenges the scholarly and yet is easily understood by those who seek a simple message.
Rod’s formal education includes Bachelor of Science degrees from Roosevelt University and Grand Canyon University; Master degrees from George Washington University and Southern Methodist University; he is currently finishing his doctoral degree in psychology. Rod has also held various secular managerial positions with leading Fortune 100 companies.
Rod has ministered throughout this country for over 40 years. He has been called to speak to students at all levels to motivate them to reach their potential. He is a lifetime member of the National Black MBA Association and as such has addressed business and governmental leaders to train, motivate, and inspire them to achieve “next level” results. Yet, his passion remains to inspire and motivate the people of God to realize their spiritual destiny.
Do you enjoy our podcast? Please be sure to let me know and rate the show below and on iTunes!