In this episode we cover:
- What it’s like to live with Type 1 Juvenile Diabetes.
- How one person survived being hit and pinned by a New York City Express bus and went on to become an award-winning author and has used her trauma to transform the lives of thousands across the globe.
- Amy’s unique DANCE philosophy.
- Learn to step back, slow down, listen more and talk less. the answers come in patience and time.
- How “Creating Your Own Victory Dance” is the key to success in business, leadership and life.
- How to “Live in the idea of Making the Impossible Possible.”
- How to transform your own traumas into victory and inspire others to do the same.
Amy Jordan is an Award-Winning author, inspirational speaker and choreographer.
She embodies her mantra, Dance Because You Can.
Amy’s professional and personal experiences have given her the insight needed to help others. Her life has been full of unexpected challenges, sending her on a journey that transformed tragedy into triumph.
Amy has Type 1 Juvenile Diabetes and fought most of her life to hide it. As a professional dancer, she experienced complications from the diabetes that caused her to lose sight in one eye becoming legally blind.
Unable to continue her dance career, she turned her attention to supporting others living with diabetes. This began her life-long work as an advocate and motivator. She founded SWEET ENUFF Movement to help prevent childhood obesity through dance and exercise.
Life challenged Amy again when she was hit and run over by a bus while living in New York City. The accident nearly ended her life and her leg came close to being amputated. She used her dance training and discipline to survive dozens on surgeries, and against all odds, regained use of her leg.
Her determination and indomitable spirit carried her through grueling years of rehabilitation, and her inner strength enabled her to return to fitness classes. She began choreographing and returned to her essence as a dancer in 2014, founding The Victory Dance Project, a NYC-based professional dance company.
Today, Amy strives to inspire and motivate others to overcome ANY adversity. She continues to choreograph and is a sought-after motivational speaker and coach. Amy shares her unique, DANCE philosophy in her signature presentation Dance Because You Can. She believes that the process of Creating Your Own Victory Dance is the key to success in business, leadership and life.
Living in the idea of Making the Impossible Possible, Amy Jordan is determined to transform her own traumas into victory and inspire and coach others to do the same. She believes that everyone can “Dance Because You Can.”
Amy Jordan Speaks
Victory Dance Project Highlights:
Amy’s Victory Dance
Documentary Feature Film Trailer:
Do you enjoy our podcast? Please be sure to let me know and rate the show below and on iTunes!