In this episode we cover:
You’ve been waiting for your weights to be lifted but have you considered that simply letting go of your weights could lift your wait?
You carry burdens so tightly wound in your grasp that they change you.
How being so focused on our problems tunnels our vision to the point where help could be to our right or left but we can’t see it!
Over time when we decide to let go some of us find:
1. There was nothing there all this time.
2. You were holding a feather, something so light and insignificant that with the slightest breeze it’s carried away.
3. Some were holding bricks—missing those easier paths traveled because you couldn’t see them so determined to carry your weight or burdens.
4. Now that you have let go of your weights (an emotional weight), a wait (a temporal wait) can be lifted.
5. The bricks you left at your feet must be destroyed because you’ve already developed the muscle mass to carry them and it would be so easy to pick them back up rather than retrain your mind and body for something new. They have to broken into manageable pieces through:
a) Wise counsel—medical and spiritual,
b) Doing what you know is right even when it’s difficult, even when you don’t want to and even when it’s uncomfortable, and
c) With the passage of time
Dr. Sheri (pronounced Sher-Ree) is a visionary, best-selling author, and sought-after physician leader. She is an occupational & environmental medicine physician, public health expert, and breast cancer survivor. She has been the catalyst for transformation in the space of cultural and workplace diversity for more than two decades. She is host of her TV show, The LIVE Today Show, on CANTV channel 21.
4 Tips on How to LIVE
Thank you so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it! Do you follow us on social media? I’d be honored for your following on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review for the Where Medicine Meets Ministry Podcast on iTunes.
Do you enjoy our podcast? Please be sure to let me know and rate the show below and on iTunes!
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a note in the comment section below!